A heavy weight lifted off my shoulders after the final exam and all I could think about was how I was going to spend my holidays. Instead of going abroad, I decided that I will stay in Taiping, Perak for a week with my grandparents and help out in their palm oil plantation.
The place where they lived was not very developed and there is not much traffic, so there is fresh air and less exhaust fumes. Moreover, the food in Taiping is delicious and it was easy to adapt to their lifestyle even though we had to wake up early in the morning. It was late at night on Christmas when i arrived and unfortunately, I could not celebrate with my relatives who lives nearby my grandparents' house.
The next day was the time of the harvest, and I was thrilled as it was my first time in the palm oil plantation. When we arrived at our destination, the workers came to welcome us. They all seemed friendly except one who was an annoying person, always asking my grandfather for a raise. Once he was begging my grandfather to give him a raise and not leaving him alone, so I stepped in. It wasn't a smart thing to do but I just did it anyway. I tried not to start a fight with him as it is the last thing I would want and it would just start a vicious circle so I just glared at him as a sign that I'm furious at him, if looks could kill, he would be dead. After listening to him talking about how hardworking he is for 5 minutes, he finally gave up and walked back to his shed. The entire 5 minutes was just me thinking about what to do if he started a fight and I couldn't come up with anything as this type of stuff never happens to me. Fortunately, nothing happened but my leg was still trembling.
After 3 hours and several ant-bites, the harvest was over and we went home. After that, there was nothing for me to do other than cleaning up the backyard of my grandparents' home, so i just watch anime during my free time. This trip was worth it and I was glad i could spend more time with my grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment